How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

OneNote UWP add-in API

OneNote UWP add-in APIs are essential to a successful OneNote-Office transition to UWP. Office-OneNote add-in capability have a healthy ecosystem for customized user-developer functionality, such as Onetastic, OneNote UWP add-in APIs should be sustained to empower users-developers to provide unusual or domain specific functionality, which can quickly be developed and deployed to meet domain-specific user-needs and become candidates for eventual OneNote PWS integration. As an example, an Office-OneNote healthcare Electronic Medical Record (EMR) set of macros is used for clinicians to maintain patient records for small medical practices. Losing OneNote Office API integration decreases the Microsoft value proposition.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I litterally built my first plugin *before* I discovered it wouldn't run on the Windows 10 / UWP version! ZOMG!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft, please provide just a simple statement if this feature is something you are working on and will be working on or will never work on to let us decide if we stay with OneNote or we should look at some alternatives. Thank you very much.

Feedback and Knowledge Base